Monday, August 11, 2014

Week 3 - TWITTER!

Evening again, folks

I've opted to go for option 1 for the second blog activity, as I've already noted my inexperience with professional social media. So far I have resisted the urge to get myself a Twitter account, but I have finally caved and created an account for it. I found the experience very easy and painless, despite my misgivings at the entire length-limited communications format.



After filling my feed with tech news and metal bands, I was able to finally see what all the excitement was about... and frankly, I was disappoint. Although the reach and potential of the medium was immediately obvious, I didn't really find myself enjoying using Twitter. The harsh character limitation seemed stifling, although most posts (especially from corporate/professional handles) used Twitter simply to link to their own sites and content. I'm sure as time goes on I'll get more used to it, and of course as I add more sources my news will become more interesting.

Another service I found that I've dived straight into is BeFunky, an online photo editor. It seems like a pretty cool site and has a lot of the functionality of an offline photo editing suite (red-eye correction, text editing, touchup, filters etc) plus more gimmicky things like collage creators but is also directly integrated with social media services such as Facebook, Google+ and Twitter. I didn't create anything serious with it, just played around a bit, but I can easily see its versatility and ease of use coming in handy if someone needed to create something simple and quick.

Looking forward to week 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment